Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Purpose

It has already been a long journey, and I have only just finished story boarding. I started with a kinetic typography from a scene from Saving Private Ryan, but I felt that I did not connect with the scene. When you watch a kinetic typography, you don't realize it, but the words are put on the screen a certain way to give each of them a meaning or purpose. I changed my project a week after I had begun work on it. People asked how far behind I was now, for losing a weeks worth of work is hard on an animator. I tell them that I had a purpose for it now. I am currently hitting a rough patch in my life, my dad's best friend, who is practically his brother has stage four brain cancer and has about two to three weeks to live. My dad has been getting really emotional and saddened by the soon lose of his friend, which is not only bringing him down, but our whole family as well. My dad's friend is married and has three young children. I felt that he deserves a happy ending to start his "new life." I felt that a song such as the one I have chosen would be motivational and encouraging, not just to him, but to his kids. I have chosen the song Atlas by Coldplay, I feel that the song is about being strong and standing up for yourself and for the ones you love. I hope that all my emotions are shown throughout this piece, and move the audience like it moves me. For the title sequence I will be putting a dedication for my dad's friend, who changed my perspective on life fore ever. I don't normally share these type of things with people, but if I can show people that they can love the life they have through animation, I want to do that, I want to give hope and happiness to people and have them be on a higher note in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment