Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer Projects

Hey guys, I'm back (sort of). I have been out of school for what seems like a millennia, but has only been three weeks. I have been doing a lot of "pen painted" Photoshop portraits the past few weeks.

All of these took me around a day to do. The Captain America one actually took me about a week because of the time and detail I put into his jacket and shield. The portrait of the three kids took me 13 hours straight to finish because of all the different skin tones. It was really fun and I enjoy being able to make the photographs look more in-depth and interesting.

 Below is a portrait of actor Misha Collins I did. It took me around four hours to finish this portrait. Misha has an international scavenger hunt called GISHWHES (The Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen). Every year they have a mixture of two animals as the mascot, it is time again this year to create one. He is looking for a person to design a new mascot and logo. I have been working on this for a few days now and I like the out come.








Below is the original 2013 logo with the famous "Wooster" mascot (Wolf and Rooster). Below that one is the logo I created called the "Moobit"(Moose and Rabbit). It took me around two hours just to recreate the poster, then another hour to insert the Moobit I drew. Everyone wish me luck that my logo and mascot is chosen!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice way to spend your summer! I can only hope for a day to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely Done! Only a few weeks until school starts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Ms. Lofquist, I have been traveling all over the US to play in golf tournaments, so not as much time has been spent at the computer, and Mr. Netterville, today I began watching some Lynda tutorials to begin reviewing methods on Photoshop, After Effects and Maya, so I will be ready for your class!!! Can't wait for school to start!!! Hope your boys and wife are doing well! See you at ONW soon!

    ReplyDelete