Friday, November 21, 2014

New Project Has Some Progress

Hey guys,

My new project is slowly but surely getting started. My group for our stop motion project is almost done with our final project, click here to get the hyperlink to my blog for that project.

As I said in my last blog, the movie Interstellar was the inspiration for my next project. I had spent several hours earlier this week to storyboard my idea so I could see what my plan for this animation is. I am combining both my portrait and animation skills together for this project.














Here is the song I plan on using for the animation. It is from the original soundtrack, so I do not own any rights to the music.


 My storyboards are very different from other peoples storyboards. I do not like being confined to a small box. Even if that is the size of my frame, I like to be able to see the whole thing all together.

The first part is going to show the house and under it list the directors name, until dust blows the name away. The camera then moves up to the window and goes inside Murphy's room. It will be zoomed on the book shelf where the books will fall to spell "Written By Jonathan and Christopher Nolan". In the movie Murphy has a model of the moon landing rocket, I am going to have the camera zoom into the rocket and it will list the executive produce. The rocket will flip over and become a chemistry beaker to symbolize the labs they worked in, with the name of another producer bubbling out the top. The background going up will turn black, then show rockets shooting up with lines reading the others producers names, now this is where it gets really complicated; I will zoom up on the lines with producers names are, then rotate the lines, and inserting the other producers in the spaces between the bars. The next transition would be the one of the bars stretching out to make a part of the watch that the main character wears, then zoom in on the watch, which has a hand ticking a morse code message. I would zoom into the watch part, and when the hand moves down it will wipe the word, "Music By" on the top, then it will wipe the letters away and say the composers name. I will zoom out and the shape of the watch will make one of the engines of the space ship.


On page two it starts with the "Gigantic" planet they have to pass by that gets them into a different dimension. I will have different parts moving within to, then have the name of the editor flow through it. The next part would be a wave from the first planet they visited with the words "Casting By" then the wave comes crashing down and the casting persons name pops up from the water. It when then going into the vector portraits of each character. Some will shatter for a transition to another character.
***SPOILERS***
The final part is when the main character goes into the 5th dimension and it will show the way Christopher Nolan had illustrated on the scene. It will then transfer to Cooper's daughters life span, which is showed by the vector portraits from her being young to old, while Cooper's portraits state the same since the time he was in was slower than Earths time.






Here is the first vector portrait of Cooper I have done so far. It took me two days in class to complete, but it will all be worth it in the end. I will have to do eight portraits of just people, then over a dozen of just objects. I hope that this project will look good enough to enter into our state wide multi media festival. 

I will check back in a few weeks to show my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment